Swallowed a wire without knowing it and lived with him 10 years

Sharing is caring!

Some Australian doctors took a big surprise when they had to look after a 30-year-old woman, who arrived at the hospital to be treated urgently for a severe stomach ache.

Immediately they did the corresponding studies, since they noticed that his heart rate had accelerated, in addition to that the membrane of the abdominal wall was very inflamed. The strangest thing is that his vital signs, laboratory tests, ultrasound and an examination of his liver, gallbladder and bile ducts yielded normal results.

New techniques to slow the progression and metastasis of melanoma
So as a last option, he had a CT scan, where he could see a tiny, thin metallic thread in his intestines, which had been there for at least 10 years, and the strangest thing was that he did not present some nuisance during all this time.

The thread was about 6 centimeters long and was removed. When they removed it, they discovered that it was material used in orthodontics, so the woman accepted that long ago, she used to wear dental appliances. The problem was that he did not realize that he swallowed one of the small cables of the apparatus, in which he caused something called volvulus, which is when the intestine turns on itself.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *